Emergency Medicine Research
Vanderbilt University Medical Center’s Department of Emergency Medicine is a national leader in emergency care research. Led by 8 core faculty and an extensive research infrastructure, we are top leaders in designing innovative ED-based research and are top enrollers in both industry and federally funded studies.
- NHLBI PETAL Network
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- 1 of 6 NHLBI K12 Emergency Care Scholars Programs
- Our scholars have successfully obtained either K23 or R01 funding
- Clinical Operations Manager
- Research Coordinators
- Clinical Trial Associates
- 2500 sq. foot Research Operations Center adjacent to the ED
- Extensive Information Technology
- Wet Lab with sameple prodessing area
- Thee -80 degree freezers
Our research staff actively screens patient s over 100 hours each week in the emergency departments at VUMC and the Tennessee Valley VA Nashville Hospital. Combines these EDs see over 100,000 patients per year. To ensure timely enrollment in therapeutic studies, the research faculty are immediately available to assist the student team on a daily basis.